Monday 27 February 2017

Animation Production - Week 4, 5 and 6 - Final Film

For week 4 and 5 I put my final film to the side and concentrated on getting the work placement animation out of the way and try and get as much as I can done for that.

I managed to get most of the key framing done for and I am happy to have taken the time to get it done as I feel if I hadn't I would not of got as much done.

For week 6 a few of us went to Ireland to visit different animation studios. It was my first time flying and so i was a bit nervous at first, but it was only a short journey and was super cool and the views were amazing. It was an awesome few days and I learnt a lot from the different studios and how they worked. It has really helped me to see what I would like to do when I finish University and what kind of studio I would like to go into.

We visited Cartoon Saloon http://www.cartoonsaloon.ie/ - The studio was really friendly and family orientated. There was a lot of opportunities for internships and to produce your own work and progress. They mainly use TVPaint and Moho. I could see myself working here.

We then visited Boulder Media http://www.bouldermedia.tv/ - The studio was the most energetic out of the three and was a really friendly environment. They mainly use ToonBoom and After Effects. We got to speak to at least one person from each department, which was great to see the steps they take and what they do. I really liked the background department and concept department.

Lastly we visited Brown Bag http://www.brownbagfilms.com/ - The studio focused more on 3D animations which is something I don't really see myself doing as I don't have the confidence for it but I was really interested in the Storyboard department and could see myself working there.

I am really glad and thankful for going on the trip, it has really helped to inspire me and make me less nervous for when I leave University.

I hope to have a lot done for next week in regards to my final film as I have put the work placement to the side now. I really hope I can catch up and have a lot of my keyframming done so I can start to inbetween.

1 comment: