Tuesday 27 October 2015

Advanced 2D - Week 2

In this lesson we looked at some of the animations we had chosen and then went to look at after effects. Since most of the class had never used it before we had a quick run through of some of things we could do on it also discussing exporting and importing and what we should export videos in.

This is what we did https://vimeo.com/144003786
I feel this part of the lesson helped and it got me thinking about i was going to create my overall animation and what i could do on after effects that i cannot do on TV paint.

We then went onto research our end project. I researched poems and new i wanted to do my animation based on a poem, because i like how you can take different meaning from a poem. When I listen or read poems I can imagine a story that goes with it and what it would look like at an animation.

I looked at these websites:

http://www.poemhunter.com/

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/browse/

http://www.familyfriendpoems.com

Our Animation is only 30 seconds long so i did not want a long poem, but i wanted something that i could play with and try different things with but at the same time people would understand the poem.

The one i chose to use is called:

Mighty Oak

Stand tall oh mighty oak, for all the world to see,
your strength and undying beauty forever amazes me.
Though storm clouds hover above you,
your branches span the sky,
in search of the radiant sunlight you
count on to survive.
When the winds are high and restless and
you lose a limb or two,
it only makes you stronger, we
could learn so much from you.
Though generations have come and gone
and brought about such change,
quietly you've watched them all yet still
remained the same.
I only pray God give to me the strength he's
given you,
to face each day with hope, whether
skies are black or blue,
Life on earth is truly a gift
every moment we must treasure,
it's the simple things we take for granted
that become our ultimate pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment