Monday 13 March 2017

Animation Production - Week 8 - Final Film Progress

This week I have been focusing on the memories section, taking on the feedback from last week, I also added the title sequence.

Below is the what I have so far for the blocking of the animation. I added a title sequence with the title of the film. Finally deciding on a title is great I can see the film coming more and more together each week, even if I am still making a lot of changes and struggling on certain sections.

I also changed the memory section from the feedback from last week, but I still have a lot more to go with making that scene better.

4 - week 7 final film from Summer Davies-Newton on Vimeo.


Feedback

Make better transitions between the memories, maybe adding in bubbles, going around her.

Tentacle - make it into a motif so add another scene to make it look more obvious to the audience that the tentacle is the bad guy and the depression that is trying to take her. This is something I have wanted from the beginning and I think it's a good idea to add another scene of it.

I need to look at Ryan Woodward again as inspiration and his work is really flowly and smooth and is what I want my animation to be like.

I feel I am struggling quite a bit on the memory section, but I hope working at it each week with the rest of the animation, it will hopefully click and look right.


Class - Press Kits and Evaluation. 

This week we looked at press kits and having all the different parts of the kit together to make sending out to festivals easier. I found this extremely useful, although I don't think I will be looking into it until after the deadline, when I have more time and everything is finished.

We also discussed the evaluation we have to write and to be careful not to describe what we did throughout the project but to actually say: how we felt, what we have learnt and what we would do differently.
The deadline for first draft is in the next couple of weeks so I will be starting to work on this.


No comments:

Post a Comment