Friday 15 May 2015

Submissions

Fairly Legal

https://vimeo.com/128398120
I liked working on this task as it is actually footage from a show. Although you knew how to put the video in order it was hard to know where to cut in some parts. I am happy with my end result as i feel i have improved from my first one, it flows a lot better and i haven't just cut to each of them talking i have L and J shaped edits to do this. I also feel i have improved on my continuity and that when i cut everything still looks and sound sounds the same.

Delicious Piece

https://vimeo.com/128398119
I found this task harder than fairly legal as there wasn't a specific storyline you had to follow, you could play around with the footage. I feel that it has definitely improved since the original as the beat/ rhythm i built up i have kept going and the titles do not look out of place. I wanted it to show how they created coffee but to focus more on the peace side to it that is why i have keep the make talking about piece in. I also feel the narrator and what he says goes better with what the audience sees, they both work together.

 Creative Edit

https://vimeo.com/128402203
This task i struggled with. In the beginning i found it extremely hard to start and to find footage that inspired me to create anything. It wasn't until i went onto vimeo and looked for downloadable raw footage that i found these two different videos. I wanted the video to contrast each other. The man in black and white i wanted to portray as unhappy and sad and the woman in colour i wanted to portray as happy.I hope that the audience questions who the girl is and the meaning of it as that is what it's supposed to do. They are not the same woman so why is he thinking of one while looking at another?



Through this whole module i feel i have learnt a lot about editing. How different edits have different meaning and are used to portray and show things to the audience. These tasks have challenged me to improve on my editing and to sometimes think outside of the box as well as tell the rule i should follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment