Monday 11 January 2016

Character Development - Colour, the Full Scene and Sound

Below are some process videos.

The first one if the animation all the way through with no sound added. This will be the final look. I am not happy with the ending as I had to rush it and it is not to the quality i wanted to to be but i lost work and so had to catch up with it quickly. If i had, had more time i would of neatened it but unfortunately i didn't and I myself that it does not look great. 

https://vimeo.com/151391925

Next coloured 5 seconds of my animation.
https://vimeo.com/151496957

I am pleased with how it turned out and i think it looks good. I used these colours as i feel they go with my character and have done throughout this process. Although she is shy i did not want her to be in dark colours or nudes colours and i also did not want her to stand out to much with bright colours, so i though a balance between the two would be good. She is a normal girl that is shy but still can be seen.

Next I looked for sound. i wanted my character to be sat in a library and the as the crowd was so loud she kept losing track of where she was in the book and was becoming annoyed, until she is sucked into the book and then is thankful and relieved.

I got Bethany to voice my character as i did not know anyone else who could do the voice for me and i feel she did it well. When she is becoming frustrated Molly is talking in her head and is going over the same section in the book. She is reading lord of the rings and the line she quotes is 'The One Ring' and then at the end she is relieved to be out of the crowded area and says ' Thank God, I'm gad that's over'.

I wanted there to be a slurping noise when she is being sucked into the book but when i tried it, it sounded weird and did not fit with the rest of the animation so i found a whooshing sound which fit a lot better. For the score i thought it would be best not to have it throughout the animation as the crowd sound in the beginning was quite loud because it needed to be and if there was a score in the background it would be too may noises going on at one time. I came across the song on youtube. I was looking for adventures music and tried a couple of different songs but this one fit the best and worked with the other sounds.

These are what i looked at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xr-5jDo77A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBE5osHladA

This is the one i went with:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frmFhq0-CBk
"Heart Of Courage" - Two Steps From Hell

No comments:

Post a Comment