Tuesday 12 January 2016

Character Development - Final Submission

Initial Character Design:

Above was my initial design and everyone seemed to like it. The feedback i got was to see her as the different characters so people could get a feel for more of her personality which I have done in an earlier post.

Different Styles:

I enjoyed seeing my character in the different styles because i became aware of the features i liked and disliked about her. For example i liked how big her eyes were but the shape in the drawing above were like triangles and so I changed them to what they are now.




After getting feedback from the class the last style was the one I liked best out of all of the others. I think it showed how innocent she was with the big eyes, but she was over sexualised and so I had to change it slightly for my final design. I made her legs shorter and her face less defined and more rounder.





Molly is a shy young woman who uses her books to escape from the reality of the real world and go on adventures. 

Maquettes:



I found it very difficult to sculpt my character, I wasn't used to sculpting the human form and it was difficult for me to get the right proportions and shapes and so once I had finished these I used them slightly to help with the turn around sheets but i should of gone back and worked on them more. I just found it frustrating i couldn't get the perfect shape.

Turn around sheets:



Expression and Pose sheet:


I drew poses that I thought suited my character. She likes to read her books and so a normal pose for her would be sat down. With the expressions I tried to draw ones that I thought she would have and since she prefers her books over people a lot of the expression were relative to what was happening in the book. Fox example: confusion and shock.

Character Scene:

https://vimeo.com/151540618

Overall i am pleased with my animation and I feel it shows her personality well, that she is a shy anxious person around people and uses books as an escape from the real world. I am disappointed with the end section,that i did not have time to fix it up to look like my character properly because of losing some of my work.

At the beginning I was more confident with this module as I found creating and designing my character can easier to me but once I had my character and had to draw her in more than one pose and try and keep her looking the same I found it extremely challenging. I feel this is because I am not confident with drawing the human form and getting the right proportions. Which is something i need to work on in my own time.

If i could change anything it would the ending and making sure I time things out properly and my workflow is timed out properly so that i leave myself time in case I do lose work in the future. I also need to work on my animation timings and adding more in between so the animation is more smoother.



No comments:

Post a Comment