Friday 11 March 2016

Creative Compositing - Week 6 - Feedback and After Effects

In this lesson we were given initial feedback from the presentation we did last week. Isaiah told us any changes we needed to do for the Monday before he started to mark it. Mine was redo my storyboards and structure of my presentation, which I will do over the weekend.

In the lesson Isaiah also came around and showed me how to add colour and use the curves in After Effects, which he thought would be a positive effect on my project and could make it less just black and white.

Edit - Colour Correction - Curves

My test below, using the picture I took of St Peters Church

After being shown this, it has given me inspiration to change the colour in part of my composite. When the camera is looking at the gargoyles I will change the colour of the clouds to give it more of a fantasy feel. This will also help to distinguish between the real world and what the camera sees.

Helpful Videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkedfEhBsrQ - this video was helpful to see what I could do with it using just normal photos and creating something realistic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EpNDKB1xiE - this video was helpful to see how to colour correct two different coloured footages. Since I am using different footage this will be good to make sure they match making it more realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment