Tuesday 1 March 2016

Critical and Contextual Issues - Week 5 - Tutorial

This week we had a tutorial with Russ to discuss the our plans for our essays (which I have posted on a previous post).

The feedback I got was good, he liked my title and the way I had structured it and what interested to see what statistics I would find and what information about the specific women I would find.

I am very happy with how it went and I feel confident now to start drafting my essay.

My Essay Intro 

This essay will aim to discuss the animation industry and how women’s roles have changed over the years. Exploring how the change in times and how society viewed women all those years ago will allow me to see how it affected what roles women were given in the industry.

Looking at and comparing different women working in the industry will also give me a better understanding of this element to my essay, including relevant case studies that will back up my findings. The focus on women who worked in the animation companies and not women who were freelance animators will be vital to the relevance of this essay. An example is Lotte Reiniger who worked for herself and was a big name in the female world. 


This essay will also compare how their roles have evolved between then and now, such as the contrast between back then, where they could only paint and outline cells, to now where it could be argued that they are seen as equals. It will also discuss whether or not the social norms of the time and idealisms had an impact on the roles women could have, as well as discussing the differences in times and whether it has changed significantly or only slightly and why this is.  


^Above is my essay introduction. I have reworded certain areas to include what my I had written in my plan and I feel it makes a lot more sense now.

No comments:

Post a Comment