Thursday 27 October 2016

Animation Research and Practice - Week 5 - Project Progress and Colour Script Homework

Colour Scripts

For this week Sam wanted us to start to think about colour and what colours we wanted to use in our animations. After the lesson last week on colour scripting I used different media to come up with different colour scripts. 


Water Colour- 

Aqua Pens -

Pastels - 
I knew that I was mainly going to use blues and greens since it is set in the ocean and that there would be times when it is brighter and darker. 

I then went on to, using the same media, play around with some concept art and sketches.

Pastels-

 Watercolour -


I then went onto sketches of the female character






I feel at the moment some of the drawings work but I haven't got her design right yet. I want her to look simple but I am still drawing specific elements that people wouldn't be able to relate to. Like the long hair, small figure. I need to work on this.


Bethany also drew some sketches of her for me, but after getting feedback off Emily and Ross I realised she is too overly sexualised and this is not the animation for that. Emily also said to be careful not to make her too other wordly and to stick to her being a human being. 




I want her to be smudgy and so she is kind of almost not there. 

Storyboards


Since last weeks storyboards were really rough and we had talked about colour I decided to create a colour storyboard.






















For next week I want to do some digital drawing and storyboards so I can put them with the voice recording.


Essay


Title -
Mental Health Stigmas and Whether the Media has had an Impact on this.

Structure -

Introduction - What will the essay be about - Has media had an impact - if so is it negative or positive

Paragraph 1 - what are the stigmas of mental health - looking at some of the most well known mental illness and what the stigmas are - backed up by facts

Paragraph 2 - Case studies - shows that show the above

Paragraph 3 - Look at case studies that are trying to help people and don't show mental health negatively (Hollyoaks)

Paragraph 4 - Survey - asking people if they see the stigma in media and if they have noticed if it has changed

Conclusion - Sum it up


More sources I have found - 

http://www.kingsfund.org.uk/audio-video/alternative-guide-mental-health-care-england

http://teenmentalhealth.org/product/mental-health-animated-series-dvd/

http://www.storypick.com/mental-disorder-short-films/

http://animationtherapy.co.uk/

http://www.annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10.1146/annurev.pu.16.050195.001251

https://books.google.co.uk/books?hl=en&lr=&id=ShOQAgAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PA453&dq=to+what+extent+has+animation+been+used+to+make+the+public+understand+mental+health&ots=evPbzZESFN&sig=f-vSK1GD5lh52Kmtf3CB-eXnqJA#v=onepage&q&f=false



Character Profile for Ross-

Gender - Female
Age - Adult but no specific age
Health - depressed
Appearance - plain, simple,basic in shape and features, no detail
Sense of Humor - none
Fears/Desires - darkness, loneliness, loss of family, desires to be free, not feel the way she does
Goals in life - none really, to be free maybe from depression
Relationship to other Characters - no relations
Intelligent - not applicable
Culture - not applicable
History - not applicable
Poor/Rich - not applicable
Job - not applicable
Religion - not applicable
Family - not applicable
Friends - not applicable
Name - not applicable

She is supposed to relate to to people and so is simple and not detailed so she can be relate-able.


Feedback - 

In the lesson I played the recording I had edited together last week. Emily had already suggested editing it further and moving the ending to the beginning, which I am going to have a look at doing, but Sam and Ross both agreed that it could be edited down. 

They also wanted to see some images with the recording, which I am hoping to do for next. As well as start to think more deeply about my character and start to draw her. 

About my Essay, at the moment it is still too broad a topic and would on the verge of a sociology paper, which is something I don't want and so I will start to think about how I can narrow this down. I am hoping that since I have a lot of sources that once I ready them all I will be able to narrow it down easier. 

For next week :


  • Digital storyboards
  • Digital concept art
  • moving storyboard with the voice recording
  • To have edited the recording more
  • To have a more narrow essay title and a better structure. 



No comments:

Post a Comment