Tuesday 29 November 2016

Animation Research and Practice - Week 10 - Project Progress

This week I wanted to start by doing character sheets and what she is going to look like. 
I had, had a rough idea from the very beginning that she would only have certain facial features and would only be the outline of a 'normal' female body. This was because I wanted her to be relate able to people. I wanted her to be as neutral as possible. 

Below is what she will look like, she will only have certain details when needed. For example her feet are just a shape below, but will look more like feet in the begging of the animation, when the audience is more focused on them. 
I also tested colours and I liked the white and black and how the worked together. In my animation I want the audience to see she has changed colour as she jumps. 

The black will be when she jumps as it has got too much for her.
The white will be in the beginning to show contrast.
The face will just be a 'normal' shaped head and you will only see her eyes. Which will be round.

I then started to draw some of her expression she may have and how the eyes would move. After getting feedback off Emily we realised the eyes looked a bit too much like Spiderman and I hadn't kept the round shape.
I also looked at the colour of the eyes. Below is with the black underneath.
Below is without the black

After Emily's feedback I changed some of the shapes of the eys so they were more round and added pupils so you could see which direction she was looking and it gave more expression too her.


I do still need to work a bit more on the eyes.

Storyboards:


Carrying on from last week this is all the storyboards.





Animatic:
I then put them into an animatic to look at the timing and how it would fit with the voice over. Some of the timings are off and very slow in places where they need to be faster and so I need to work on this. 

Animatic with just storyboard frames from Summer Davies-Newton on Vimeo.


I then started to add more frames to the animatic.

begining to title scene from Summer Davies-Newton on Vimeo.



Animatic - adding more frames from Summer Davies-Newton on Vimeo.

I only managed to add more frames to the beginning 22 seconds, but I feel already that it looks better. I also cut some of the storyboard out. The part where the bubble starts to wrap around her was too long and didn't add anything to the story and sop I cut it and feel it flows a lot better now.

Animatic - so far from Summer Davies-Newton on Vimeo.

Feedback:

Feedback off Mum -

She felt that the ending dragged a bit but once I explained that I hadn't added more frames to the end yet she understood.
She liked where it was going so far and liked that she was getting to see the process of it.

Feedback off Sam -

The memory bits could be too long, but this should be fixed when I have finished adding more frames to animatic.
Beginning might with the feet might be off and I hope to fix this by taking reference videos next week.
Sam suggested drawing swimmers at the swimming pool in Wolverhampton- but hopefully my sister should be getting reference videos and pictures for me on Sunday
I also need to look at music and whether I want a score or just sound effects or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment