Thursday 15 December 2016

Animation Research and Practice - Week 12 - Project Progress

Unfortunately this week I have not done as much as I would have liekd as I have been trying to finish my other module so that over Christmas I could focus on this one.

Essay Feedback

This week I received my essay feedback and have a few things to add and change, but overall I just have to finish it off. I will continue to do this.

Reference Videos Off the Internet:

This week I also been researching on the internet for some reference videos as it is hard to film everything myself. 


Below is some sort of kite, but I thought the way the tentacle moved would be a good reference for the tentacle in my film.


I also found the video below of a camera inside a bubble of water, I really liked the effect it has and I am thinking of something similar for my film, but I need to research futher to how I would go about creating this illusion.


I also found this videos of an ink experiment type thing. I liked it as I like the way the ink is in the water and I imagine the tentacle being surrounded by a substance similar to this and so I will research this further.

More Reference Videos:


I also took more reference videos this week of my Auntie and this is why there is a password. It was very helpful to see they looked and the way a woman's figure looked on it's side. 
reference videos for private from Summer Davies-Newton on Vimeo.

Feedback off Mum and Emily:

Emily feedback was that the ending still needed work and I completely agree with this I have been struggling for an ending to fit and so will continue on with this. 

The main part that needed work was the memories part, Emily suggested:

  • For there to be a few graves to come us and to have names on not just RIP 
  • To get rid of the water washing it away and change it to something else, like maybe a fade out while the next one comes on 
  • To have the wheelchair pushed on by the tentacle and have him signal to the character to get into the chair.
  • To find something else to represent the army boots as the way they are drawn, not everyone will pick up on what they are. 
When she steps into the bubble to have her fall a bit as if she has lost her balance and disorientated. Maybe to add the particles into the water - Which I was going to do for the final film but will add to the animatic to show. 

Have the slamming of the character more dramatic





My Mum was very happy with it, she agreed with Emily had said and suggested that for the ending to have her get into a bubble and start to float off and then the audience could see the tentacle reaching out again for the character but you don't see what happens next. 






Feedback off Sam and Ross - 

In the lesson we did our usual production meeting and we got feedback for the stuff we had done, we were also going to be told things we needed to work on for the hand in. 

Overall they were happy with the way I was going. I hadn't had chance to make some of the feedback changes from Emily and my Mum so a lot of the feedback was similar. I feel I am happy with the direction I am going in and will continue to research and work on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment