Tuesday 6 December 2016

Professional Project - Week 11 - Project Progress

From the last time Jamie came in I was to get rid of the ground line, but this will be done for the final piece as the ground line helps me with making sure everything is level.
I needed to exaggerate the Earth fall and have him tug more on the wire, re position the character to the centre of the screen when the Wifi character is helping the Earth up and to think of adding sound and sound effects to the animation. 

For this time I have tried to changed all of these things and to also try and finish animating the ending, where the logos pop up on the Earth character. 

I did a rotoscope test for the ending weeks ago, but it was not very good and it was rotoscoped, so this time I just went with what I thought and I looked at the reference footage but I also just went with what I felt.

Below is the first bit, in rough as I am just seeing if the arms work and the jumps.
16 end scene from Summer Davies-Newton on Vimeo.

I then went on to make it a bit neater when I was happy with the rough, so it is easier to see what is going on.
18 end scene from Summer Davies-Newton on Vimeo.

I next added the logos, to make sure they looked okay popping on and added the hands to see how to position them. I think it looks a lot better from the rotoscoped test I did and it works better for the animation.
20 end scene from Summer Davies-Newton on Vimeo.

I then went on to add it to the rest of the animation so far to see if it would fit and flow with the rest of it. I feel it looks good and flows from the part before it.
21 all from Summer Davies-Newton on Vimeo.

I reall wanted to get some sound on the animation, so Jamie could start to see it come together and because it was the last time he would be able to give us feedback face to face, so I wanted to animating to be mostly done and to just be on the finishing everything off stage. I feel that I am now at this stage.

I got the score from http://www.bensound.com/
I feel the sound works well with it and the voice over and it goes with the jolly cartoon feel of it.
I found the sound effects off http://www.freesfx.co.uk/ I only wanted to added souns effects top certain parts like: the splash, when the internet is plugged back in and when the logos are popping up. These are all important parts and I think the soundeefects go well to make these parts stand out.

 
22 all with sound effects from Summer Davies-Newton on Vimeo.

Feedback

The feedback off Jamie and Emily was that the beginning walk and fall still needed some work, which I am going to do next now that I have finished animating everything else.

The sound and the sound effects work well and add to the piece.

I need to add the ETC logo at the end and make the music fade out

I am in the final stages now and I am fixing and neatening everything.

I need to look at when the logos pop up and although they like it, Jamie suggested maybe having them timed to the voice over, or start when both the characters are cheering.

I hope to have some of this done by next week and to be on my way to finishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment