Tuesday 23 February 2016

3D Production - Post Box Animation

Scene

For my scene I chose to do someone who is in a hurry and has forgotten where they have put the letter, so when they reach the post-box they are fumbling around looking for it. They become annoyed and when the finally find it they are relieved to just be posting it.

Reference Video:

I filmed some of them with my other class mates and found it helpful seeing what others would do, but there was not much variety and when I did them I felt like I was just doing the same thing over and over again. I felt I was stuck just doing the same thing (patting) and not getting it right. It looked again very robotic. After talking it through with Bethany I tried it a different way and felt it looked more realistic and even when I was performing it, it felt better.

https://vimeo.com/156428385

I have chosen to focus on the last two reference videos as they were the best and felt most natural.

Thumbnails:


I thought I would try using thumbnails this week and I found I did not like using them. Since i was going through the footage to see what the key poses were i found it more useful just to look at the footage then to have to draw it out. I know this is not to industry level but this is how work I spent more time worrying about drawing the stick figure correctly then actually just getting on with it. I think I think I will carry on with the way I like it because I find it easier to do.

Blocking:

When blocking out the post box I tried to keep in mind timing and work on the feedback I got from last week. I wanted to make sure I was following the reference video and working on different timings. I feel I have improved from last week already.

When I animate I start with the body and then I put the emotion on the face. When doing this task I did not have enough time to block out the face but this will be done for another time.

Side view
https://vimeo.com/156428426

Opposite side view
https://vimeo.com/156428424

Front view
https://vimeo.com/156428425


No comments:

Post a Comment