Wednesday 24 February 2016

Creative Compsiting - Tests and Sketches

This week I wanted to test the moving background and still image part of my idea. I started off by taking the photos of the church i took last week and taking it into Photoshop so i could get rid of the background and change the colour of it to black and white.


I then exported it without a background and imported it into After effects. I found a stormy videos of clouds from Youtube as i wanted to see what it would look like. The end results is:

https://vimeo.com/157577784


I feel that my test was successful and i fee confident with the next steps I need to take and when it comes to creating my final piece I will know what i need to do.

I need to think about filming my own clouds and taking a few more pictures of the church, although i like this picture I feel it is too flat I might angle it a bit more to see if that looks better.

The clouds i used was just a video of youtube and so I will need to figure out a way of doing mine, either by filming my own or compiling some in after effects.

This like i found on youtube for how to create a cloud animation using pictures in After Effects. This will be very useful for my final composite.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJZ6EIXFh58

Next week i am going to be doing green screen to see how I will incorporate my camera.


Gargoyles Sketches:

Below are some sketches of gargoyles that I am considering to use as in finally bit of animation.


 I wanted to use lighter colours as the background and rest of the composition will be dark i want the gargoyle/s to stand out.
 I wanted to try something more evil looking but i don't think it will go with the style, this is more vampire than gargoyle.


 The three above I like the style of as they are more like gargoyles and I like how they incorporate different animals.
 This one is more human like and i wanted to use a spray paint effect to try and make the colour look spiritual like. I think the colours will make it stand out from the rest of it.
 I like the colour of this gargoyle but I feel it looks too cute and I want something a bit more like scary one.
 I think this is my favorite gargoyle and I will be using this style in my final animation, or at least something similar if I have more of them. I want to have it similar to the colour above or somersetting a little light so it doesn't stand out too much but i will test this in the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment