Tuesday 9 February 2016

Creative Compositing - Initial Idea

Initial Ideas:

My initial ideas:
  • Fight scene (similar to Tekken fight game)
  • City landscape and creatures coming out of it.
  • Walking through different parts of the world or different landscapes

When we were introduced to this module last week and asked to come up with an idea I instantly remembered Guilherme Marcondes how he uses city landscapes and then animates on them.

http://www.guilherme.tv/caveirao




I love the use of colour in this animation and how you know it is animation on a street background and this is what i want to achieve with my animation.


Elton john - Wonderful Crazy Night Album Advert
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntRQBy415M8



I like the idea of looking through something and and then the animation coming to life around normal objects.

I want to create something similar to this but I don't want to copy it. I like the idea of looking through a camera down a street and then see creatures and things come to life.

My Idea:

I want something similar to the above animations where I animation things coming out over real life objects. I would like to use the St Peters Church as the main building and another one in Wolverhampton that has an old fashioned, creepy feel to it. I then want Gargoyles to come out from around the building, or to be like spirits of the gargoyles that are already on the church to come to life, when the audience is looking through the camera. Similar to the audience looking through the glasses above.

I was thinking of having the clock on the church strike midnight and then they come to life and creep around. Since it only has to be between 15-30 secs I feel this will be good to show my skills.

I will have more research on the types of styles and what will happen for next week.

Sketches
After looking at these videos and having my rough idea I started to sketch what sort of style i might have and what it might look like.

 I thought this could be styles of the church I might have, it is very dark and gloomy weather. I did this sketch in charcoal as this is the sort of medium that best goes with the style and atmosphere i want.
 This was a rough sketch of a gargoyle. I tried using different colour as i am not sure whether or not to have the gargoyles just in grey or not.
This is a quick storyboard of what i want to happen. It will start with you being able to see the person with the camera and as they go up the church, it then will cut the the little window of the camera, so you can see the church better and as though the audience is the camera. The gargoyle/s will start to appear and move around in shock the camera will then drop and it will end with you looking at the church with the camera in the hand still with no gargoyles.

No comments:

Post a Comment