Thursday 18 February 2016

Creative Compositing - Research Into My Idea

Churches:

Below is a collage of churches that are creepy and the kind of angles I would like to use in my compositing. I don't think using an image with the full church on it will be a good idea as then the animation part will be small. But if I start with an image of the full church and then when the audience looks through the camera it is zoomed into the spire so you can see the gargouilles moving around.


The images below are the ones I like the best and are styled in a creepy way which is what i am going for:

 I especially like the clouds in this picture and this is what i would like the clouds to be in my composition, although i would like them moving.






Gargoyles or Gargouilles:

Gargoyles are carved grotesque (carved stone figure) with a spout designed to lead water away from the building so that it did not erode the mortar.

Gargouille was a dragon and legendary creature from France that also spouted water.

Below is collage of gargoyles that are found on buildings and the different animals and creatures they are.


The below pictures are also of gargoyles but specifically from churches.


I prefer the whole body ones and the the gargoyles that have wings and are creepy looking as they will best go with the creepy atmosphere and style i want.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame:

Gargoyle scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mG89QDFADk



I like how they look like rock to begin with and when they come to life they look like an animation. I also am looking at this film for research for the way they move and whether i want them as a rock or to move normally.

I next need to start sketching out the exact style I want and testing the animation.

Testing:

The images below are of St Peter's church in Wolverhampton which is the church i will be using in my final piece. These images are to test different angles I could use and to see what time of day I would take the shot for the best lighting.


 This angle is good as it doesn't have any trees in the way of the spire but the scaffolding ruins the shot.


 I like the close up of the spire from angles but the trees get in the way.








I think this will be similar to the final shot as it does not have any trees directly in the way. It shows the spire off properly so the gargoyles climbing from around will be easier to draw and move around.




No comments:

Post a Comment