Friday 8 April 2016

Creative Compositing - Week 8 - Tutorial

In today's lesson we got on with our work while Isaiah came round and looked at what we had so far.

I talked about the clouds I wanted for both parts (real life, fantasy world)

New green screen footage

This is the green screen footage I retook the other week. I used better lighting after asking for advice and it is much better than the original footage. It is a higher quality and I am able to see the camera more clearly.


Tests

I then showed him a test I have been working on using the green screen footage I had already taken and added to a past test with the church and moving clouds.

Just the green screen footage in black and white - https://vimeo.com/162087434

New test with the new green screen footage - https://vimeo.com/162087433

I was struggling to remove the weird box that was around the green screen footage making it a different colour and then Isaiah showed me how to use the alpha source in the key light part, so then I could change the black and white clips so the green screen was a higher quality. This worked really well although my skin colour was then slightly green, but since I was going to be changing it into black and white it wouldn't show.
This is the new green screen footage, in black and white with the old test footage in the background.

New test with new green screen footage in black and white - https://vimeo.com/162087431

I am going to be masking out the little screen on the camera so the black patch on it wont be there.

With the help of Isaiah we then went on to test how the clouds would fit in. We took one of the pictures I had taken the other day (I have shown in a different post) and we masked a patch out of it. We then feather around the edge and it fits nicely against the other background. Below are prints screens of what it looks like.



The cloud picture I had taken



The mask around the section of it 


When we added the feathering - I like the way it stands out so the cloud if defined but it still looks good all together with the other clouds. This is the way I am going to be doing my clouds, but I will be making these move. I will also be using the particle fog I have tested in an earlier post to make it more atmospheric.

Church background
I have decided to change the church Picture I have chosen for the background. I realised after adding the new green screen footage to the old test that the church was no in the right angle for it to look okay together. So have chosen a different shot I think will work and will test it for a different day.

This is the old church photo I was going to use but it doesn't give me enough of area to zoom in and it is not the right angle.

This is what I mean by it not looking right.


This is the new image I want to use, once I have edited it in Photoshop I feel it will fit in better with the green screen footage. and it gives me a big area to zoom into.


I am happy with what I have so far, I just need to get a move on and finish the background so I can start animating the gargoyles onto it.

No comments:

Post a Comment