Friday 15 April 2016

Creative Compositing - Week 9 - Tutorials

In this weeks lesson we got on with our work and Isaiah came round to look at what we had done and see if we needed help with anything.

I carried on with animating of the gargoyle. This is what I had by the end of the lesson.
https://vimeo.com/162989207

I decided I wanted to keep the shape of it simple and since it is supposed to be made out of rock I wanted it to be square and rigid. It is not finished I still have to add the feet and then colour it in.

Using the test I posted in the post before this I tested what the animation would look like in After Effects. I already had the Church and green screen footage in it, but they haven't been composited properly yet. This test was to make sure that my animation went round the church properly and that it looked okay especially the colour. I think it looks great and I can finally see the final piece coming along.

https://vimeo.com/162992775


I have still a lot to fix and sort out. Like for instance the green screen footage I am using cuts part of my arm so to fix it I am going to mask and blur it to it is no noticeable. I have to finish the animation, add more clouds and fog and make sure the animation going in front and behind the church.

This next link is after I have played around with timings and changed the colour of the clouds to a purple I want in my final composit. I feel this change in colour looks good and is very effective in distinguishing the difference between the worlds.

https://vimeo.com/163373962


This is only a test and is not my final composit but some of the elements in the test will be similar or the same to this test.

No comments:

Post a Comment