Friday 20 November 2015

Advanced 2D - Week 6 - Background and Coloured Line Test

 Background for the park scene:

For this weeks lesson I did a rough sketch of what the park scene may look like. I found a picture of a park from Google and started to colour over the top and added the oak tree that i had drawn as the main feature. I then added what might be happening in the park, like a man throwing a frisbe to a dog and a couple having a picnic. I only sketched these in black to get the outline and to see if it would look good in the scene.


After discussing with Isaiah I have decided i will keep the people and dog in a black outline and not fully colour them in as they are there to show what the tree has seen and been through. If they were in colour they would not give the audience any more information and it is unnecessary for them to be in colour.




I also want to take the picture away from behind and have trees, grass and bushes in similar styles to the pictures above which i have found on Google. I feel these style are similar to the Oak tree and so will fit together.

The growing of the tree (first scene):

For this week i have also animated the tree growing the same as last week, but it is fully in colour. I also have added the camera movement of following the tree.

https://vimeo.com/146818220



After discussing with Isaiah he suggest adding a pause at the beginning of the camera so the tree starts to grow then the camera moves. This means that they both are not starting to move at the same time.


https://vimeo.com/146818268



As you can see in the link above the pause works better and shows the tree is growing and the camera is following the growth better than the camera and the growing starting at the same time.

Storyboard:

https://vimeo.com/147827088

I have decided to redo my storyboard as the beginning few scenes do not flow like I thought they would. After doing the line tests last week for the growing of the tree (first scene) and the storm clouds (second scene) i put them together and found that they did not go together and flow nicely. Since the camera was zoomed top the top of the tree it suddenly had to go to the full tree and that did not look good. I have decided to change this so that when the camera is at the top of the tree it stays there when the storm happens. During the storm there is a lightning strike and a flash where you see nothing on the screen, which is a good cut to then the tree being shown fully.

 Next week:

I will finish my new storyboard for next week and will have a line test of the new storm section. A long with this i will hopefully line test parts of the park scene to see how they look with the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment