Tuesday 24 November 2015

Character Development - My Maquette Head, Full figure and Process





These images are of the process of my Maquette head during the lesson. I started with the basic shape and tried to see where all the feature would go. The first picture of the eyes i had to redo as the eyes where not big enough or angled enough. Once the eyes where on my character looked mean because of the shape and the way the eyelashes and eyelid line were. I tried to make the eye shape more curvy so that she would look less mean./














The above images are of the head maquette when i finished it off at home. I added more shape to the top of the head and the hair as it was quite flat at the beginning.

I feel for a first attempt this is okay but i need to look at the jaw shape of my character and make sure i know where it is, this will help me when doing the lips because from the face looks quite flat and weird.


Fully Body Maquette:

For homework we had to make a maquette body, because i had done the head so big i chose to do the body smaller as i had never done a whole body before.

I chose to use a wire to support my maquette and it was easier to see where the head, shoulders and hips were.

 
This is my final maquette:





I feel for my first attempt she looks good, although as I was making the body i had trouble with certain proportions and where the crotch should be. I am pleased with the overall shape and i feel you can tell that she is wearing a jumper.

No comments:

Post a Comment