Tuesday 10 November 2015

Innovative - Week 5 - Meghana Bisineer

 In this weeks lesson we looked at Meghana Bisineer. She is an animator that uses her knowledge of fine art to create her own style. A long with sound affects which help to give her animations more atmosphere and make the audience connect with it.

Light Water Glass:


https://vimeo.com/27488753


I like how she uses the ink on the window and I think at some points in the animation this is very effective especially with the city landscape behind it, but I also do not like this animation as parts are very jumpy and altogether i find it hard to follow because it does not have a straight forward narrative.

Shifting Ground:

https://vimeo.com/73072424


I love how sketchy the drawing is in this animation and how there is on;y a few colours used, but again the animation does not flow and it is very jumpy which I do not like about it. Also the sound is effective in some places but I do not like the use of static sound I think it takes away from the animation.

Dog:

https://vimeo.com/14448572


 Similar to the one above I like her sketchy drawing style and I think the projector on the phone book is effective, but i do not like how you can hear the blow dryer or machine in the background, I think it takes away from the animation.


This animation gave my group inspiration for our animation. We want to use the charcoal straight onto the phone book.


Overall Meghana has been my least favourite animator we have looked at. Her style is just not something I like although her drawing and sketchiness is something I would look at again, her style of animations are not what I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment