Wednesday 18 November 2015

Character Development - My Character Molly in 4 different Styles

This is my initial character style i had.




1. The first style is inspired by Ella Cohen - I like how she does not use outlines instead it is just solid colour, with the use of other colours to add details. Although i liked the style i feel it did not suite my character as it did not have enough detail.


2. The second style is inspired by Xavier Ramonede - I like how the women are curvier and although my character is not that curvy the way he draws the shape of the faces and the big eyes suites my character Molly. I feel this style suite my character best but she looks too confident and her body is too curvy for how shy my character is. 


3. The third style is inspired by Victoria Ying - I like how her work has no outlines and is smudgy/ rough, similar to what you get when you use pastels. I felt this style was good for shading the hair and the face but her legs and body were too long and overall compared to the second style this was not right for Molly.



4. The last one was inspired by Aurore Damant - I like how it is more like a cartoon than the rest of them and how the characters have huge heads and small bodies. This style would of been perfect if my character was younger but because she is around 20 years old this style makes her look way too young and it would be very difficult to change it to make her look older in this style.



From Today's lesson, presenting these concepts, I will be going with the style of Xavier Ramonede but I will be merging it with my original concept as she looks to sexy and is too long. I think a combination of the two will be the perfect style for Molly.

No comments:

Post a Comment